Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oops!

I know I have not updated this thing in forever. Thats because I quit losing weight! It was too much to worry about while trying to finish school. I swore that 2 weeks after I was done I would start Weight Watchers again. It now been 7 weeks and I have done nothing. I went to the Doctor the other day because things are all messed up in the woman department(I will leave it at that). She ordered quite a few different labs to be drawn and called me with the results. She told me that my cholesterol levels were through the roof and that it needed to be taken care of ASAP! I dont know the exact numbers, well I cant remember them, but I know that they WAY to HIGH! I already knew they were high but I didnt tell her that. I was on meds but because of some issues I never got more when I ran out. Anyway she also told me that my Blood Glucose levels were extremely high as well. I've assumed for awhile that I was pre-diabetic but maybe its turned into actual diabetes??? I dont know! So I will go have a Hemoglobin A1C. This will show my blood sugars over the last 3 months. I also have to go have a glucose tolerance test done as well. That is the one that pregnant ladies do. I feel like I am too young to be worrying about all of this. I know I am overweight and I dont eat healthy but how many people my age really do? So I guess I will start Weight Watchers again and really try to limit my sugar intake. I think I will quit drinking soda as well. I switched to Diet but apparently thats not enough! It will be hard, I need it working graveyards! But I guess I need to start thinking about my future more and where I want to be and that is not lying in a coffin or a hospital bed because I've had a stroke or a heart attack!

1 comment:

  1. ok you don't know me - so I hope it is ok that I blog hopped on over :)

    My son is in Mrs. Arhens class too :) It sounds like we are so much a like! I've got to meet you! I started weight watchers back in June and did ok... I lost 13 lbs on Weight Watchers. I've done Weight Watchers before actually twice before and lost lots of weight both times. However this time I seamed bored - I have no idea why. I started a bootcamp class I heard about in Lehi and I'm hooked. You should come try it with me!!! It is hard as get out - but the whole class is having a hard time so you fit in :) Anyways the lady works on nutrition with us which has helped me so dang much! I've never understand how to eat RIGHT - she tells us when to eat - how much to eat - eat proteins and carbs at the same time etc -etc. Anyways I eat more then I did on weight watchers - however way healthier! NO SUGAR - ever :) But then you get one free day a week to eat all the stuff you love! I'm finally down 29lbs and feel great! I have some what kicked my 15yr old Diet Coke habit which amazes me! So... long post! Sorry! But if you want to come do this with me - let me know!!! My name is Geri Bohn (Kalebs mom) you can email me at iselltoys@gmail.com if you want. Good luck with all of this! And you are super brave to put this all out there! I know how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete